Most conventional shampoos are loaded with toxic cancer-causing ingredients that can lead to a lot of health problems.
Fortunately, we can avoid these toxins by making our own shampoos or buying all natural brands. I love this homemade recipe with castor oil as the main ingredient. This shampoo cleanses your hair thoroughly and can make it grow fast!
Castor Oil for Hair
Castor oil is very effective at preventing hair loss and improving hair growth for several reason. Due to its incredible antibacterial and antifungal properties, it’s very beneficial against dandruff, follliculitus, and scalp infections. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that promotes circulation to the scalp and helps with hair growth. Additionally, castor oil is also loaded with antioxidants that help the hair to become smoother and stronger.
The Miracle Castor Oil Shampoo: It Nourishes and Restores Your Hair, And Makes it Grow Fast
- 3 tablespoons of castor oil
- 40 ml of castille soap
- 2 teaspoons of coconut milk
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 15 ml of honey (here)
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
Just mix all ingredients in a bowl and use as regular shampoo.
Below is a list of different essential oils to use for your hair
- Peppermint – for dry or all hair types, promotes growth
- Myrrh – useful for dry scalp and dandruff
- Sandalwood – helps hair maintain moisture, adds shine, and soothes an irritated scalp, combats psoriasis and dandruff
- Patchouli – dandruff and overly oily hair
- Tea tree – dandruff and dry scalp
- Basil – promotes hair growth
- Chamomile – adds highlights to light colored hair, calms scalp irritation
- Lavender – promotes hair growth and treats itchiness and dandruff
- Rosemary – promotes hair growth, treats dandruff and helps with oily hair
- Cedarwood – promotes hair growth and soothes scalp irritations
- Patchouli– Useful for oily hair and dandruff.
- Lemon – dandruff, highlights light hair, treats both dry scalp and oily hair
- Grapefruit – clarifying for oily hair
Use Wheatgrass for Your Hair
Regular consumption of wheatgrass (here) makes your hair grow faster due to the presence of vitamins B12 and C, iron, and iodine. They strengthen your hair follicles, thus preventing breakage and hair fall. Wheatgrass can mend damaged hair. It turns gray hair to its natural color again and helps with itchy, scaly, scalp conditions.