What comes to mind when you hear the words “essential oils”? If it’s not strengthening your immune system, you may be missing out. Essential oils have been used for centuries to heal, disinfect, and prevent illnesses. Most essential oils work directly to strengthen the immune response or eliminate the bacteria and viruses that can make us sick.
In fact, diffusing essential oils is one of the best things you can do for your health. Essential oils that have antiviral and immune-boosting properties are our best tools to fight and prevent viruses.
Why Should We Diffuse?
Diffusing oils is the best way to neutralize air-borne illnesses and enhance immunity. As stated in the The Essential Life book:
“Diffusing essential oils aromatically is beneficial for affecting mood, killing airborne pathogens, and changing the aroma of a space such as a room, office or car.”
Essential oil Powerful Combinations
- Bergamot, lemongrass, and geranium
- Rosemary, lavender, and thyme
- Cinnamon, sweet orange, and patchouli
- Clove, lavender, and eucalyptus
Immune Support Blend
1 drop Cinnamon
1 drop Clove
1 drop Eucalyptus
1 drop Rosemary
2 drops Orange or Lemon
Air Purifying Diffuser Blend
I use this blend all the time to purify the air and kill germs!
2 drops Lavender
2 drops Citrus (Lemon, Bergamot and Wild Orange)
2 drops Eucalyptus
Fight the Virus Diffuser Blend
A combination of Arborvitae and Cinnamon is very effective for fighting viruses.
2 drops Arborvitae
2 drops Cinnamon
2 drops Wild Orange
Respiratory Diffuser Blend
Use the blend throughout the night for better sleep and easier breathing
2 drops Eucalyptus
2 drops Rosemary
2 drops Frankincense
2 drops Lemon
Take Wheatgrass! It has more Vitamin C than Oranges
Wheatgrass is rich in potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
In fact, wheatgrass has more vitamin A than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges and the total amount of nutrients is the same as in up to two and a half pounds of fresh green vegetables!
All you need is one tablespoon a day! Find organic wheatgrass here
- Becker, Shannon, PhD. (2018). Essential Oils to Prevent the Spread of Flu. Retrieved on 2/18/2020. Retrieved from: https://tisserandinstitute.org/essential-oils-flu/
- Usachev, E. V., Pyankov, O. V., Usacheva, O. V., & Agranovski, I. E. (2013). Antiviral activity of tea tree and eucalyptus oil aerosol and vapour. Journal of aerosol science, 59, 22-30.
- Vimalanathan, S., & Hudson, J. (2014). Anti-influenza virus activity of essential oils and vapors. American Journal of Essential Oils and Natural Products, 2(1), 47-53.