Turmeric for Sinus Infections
Turmeric is loaded with natural anti-inflammatory properties and it is also full of antioxidants. The combination of turmeric and ginger in hot tea can help loosen mucus from clogged nasal passages and relax sinus pressure, making you feel better immediately.
Tea for Sinus Infection
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. (find it here)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger root or 1/4 teaspoon dried ground.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (find it here)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Add all the ingredients to a pot and stir it all together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then, you strain the tea and pour it into a mug.
To help with sinuses – inhalations using decongestant essential oils are a very effective way to fight the infection and to ease the pressure in the sinus’s. These oils include tea tree, peppermint, eucalyptus and thyme. Simply use a few drops of essential oil in a bowl or basin of hot water.