An estimated 6.4 million people will start their day with a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Which begs the question, why are so many people eating food grade garbage daily? Why is the “most important meal of the day” so often little more than sugar and chemicals? In fact, Oats, wheat, and flax are all quietly being sprayed with cancer causing glyphosate and it’s in your body of cereal.
Why are so many people ok with this? Obviously, these are rhetorical questions but let’s look for the answer to a more direct question; what is in a bowl of cereal?
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has posted fresh report on the levels of toxic glyphosate (Roundup) found in many breakfast cereals, and they found this: Most of them were loaded with the cancer-causing herbicide.
Most people have never really looked at the nutrition label on a box of conventional cereal. You may have looked at the vitamin and mineral content. Perhaps you even looked at the calorie or carbohydrate numbers. But have you ever read the ingredients? If you have, did you know what every ingredient is? Given the fact most of the ingredients sound like they are straight out of a High school chemistry class, most people can’t really read them.
One such ingredient you probably didn’t understand was Trisodium Phosphate (TSP). TSP isn’t all bad, as it turns out it is an effective degreasing agent, mildew remover and can be used to clean interior and exterior walls before painting.
You see there are lot’s of good uses for TSP, but as a cereal ingredient…it sucks! Some cereals use TPP (tripotassium phosphate), which is unfortunately just as bad as TSP.
Some of the affects of these ingredients are:
· Reduced bone density due to mineral bleaching
· Gastric irritation
· Calcification of the kidneys
· Burning in the abdominal area
· Toxic shock
TSP is also linked to osteoporosis, kidney disorders, calcium deficiency and even cancer.
Here is what you can expect (or expect your family) from a bowl of cereal for breakfast:
· Sugar, and plenty of it! For example, a bowl of Luck Charms will give your kids a nice dose of sugar. Assuming they only eat 1 cup of cereal with ½ cup of milk (which is probably less than half the actual amount they eat) they will get a nice sugar charge with 19 grams of heavily refined sugar.
· Gluten, which is in almost all conventional cereals. Though many large brands are trying to jump on the gluten-free band wagon, the choices they offer are still void of any real nutritional content. Even individuals who do not have Celiac disease can still experience weight gain, water retention, immune deficiency and internal inflammation after eating gluten
· Corn, the GMO type that isn’t the same corn as it used to be. The new GMO corn sure is profitable for commercial farms, but our bodies have a hard time metabolizing it and converting it to usable energy.
· Synthetic Sweeteners: Sometimes synthetic sweeteners are used as a sugar substitute. What they are most likely used for is to add a additional layer of sugar flavor, without having to increase the amount of sugar on the nutritional label. Yes, it is a form of lying. You are being lied to and consuming substances like Aspartame (connected with cognitive disorders).
· Nothing. What is most troubling about conventional cereals (and the rate at which American parents give these to children for breakfast) is the fact they contain almost nothing useful to the body. What nutrition they list on the label is added in the form of artificial vitamins and minerals, which are not well absorbed by your body and often are reject by your bodies as a foreign substance as we cannot trick our body into believing it is real food, even if our brain is tricked by advertisements and lies.