When the US government decided to eliminate incandescent light bulbs, aside from making everyone look pale and lifeless, they failed to consider the potential health hazards of the alternatives. Thought to be energy efficient (and they are) LED lights, when broken, release toxic mercury levels into the air. A study be researchers from Germany’s Federal Environmental Agency found that if broken indoors, energy efficient lightbulbs release mercury into the air in concentrations 20 times more than is considered safe.
A study published in late 2010 in the journal Environmental Science and Technology discovered that LEDs contain lead, arsenic and a dozen other potentially dangerous substances.
If broken the mercury released can cause headaches, migraines, fatigue, seizures, anxiety, insomnia and trouble concentrating.
LED Bulbs Promote Blindness and More
1. LED lights can lead to blindness: Researchers in Spain noticed that blue LED light can damage cells in the retina of the human eye
2. Energy Efficient Lightbulbs can cause cancer: A study from Germany’s Alab Laboratory highlighted the following carcinogens contained in modern light bulbs:
Phenol: Commonly used in chemical manufacturing, this mildly acidic substance is toxic.
Naphthalene: Also used as a raw material in chemical manufacturing, this crystalline compound is volatile and potentially toxic.
Styrene: This hydrocarbon is a petroleum byproduct.
Because LED bulbs are so toxic, the US government has even issued special protocol for handling a bulb breakage. If broken, you are to open all windows and doors, and leave your house for at least 15 minutes. They should also not be thrown into the regular trash but disposed of at a toxic waste facility.
Unfortunately, we won’t have the option to buy incandescent light much longer! So, stock up while you can!
DETOX TOXINS FROM YOUR BODY
Fortunately, it is quite easy and inexpensive to cleanse your body of toxic substances by using foods in your diet such as spirulina.
( you can find it here) It is known for its distinctive green color and strong odor. Spirulina is the most effective food that removes heavy metals from the nervous system and the liver. It has the most detoxifying effect on your body.
Leave a Reply