Exfoliating with a himalayan salt scrub not only removes dead skin cells and increases circulation, but it also regenerates the skin. The magnesium and other minerals in Himalayan salts can reduce inflammation, due to its antiseptic properties. Salt absorbs dirt and toxins on top of having natural antibacterial properties.
There are also so many incredible minerals in sea salt that are absorbed by the body when using a salt scrub such as magnesium, calcium, sodium.
Himalayan Sea Salt
Himalayan sea salt is believed to be some of the oldest salt found on the planet, containing up to 84 different trace minerals. It has a pinkish color due to trace amounts of iron found in it.
The benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:
• Regulating the water content throughout your body
• Promoting healthy pH balance in your cells
• Helping to reduce the signs of aging
• Aiding with hydration as it helps maintaining fluid balance and blood pressure in your body
• Prevention of muscle cramps
• Promoting bone strength as it contains several minerals such as calcium and magnesium which are important for bone formation and density.
• Regulating your sleep
Jojoba is full of nutrients like Vitamin E and B, as well as antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and rejuvenate the skin. It’s lighter than other carrier oils and easily absorbed into skin. It provides incredible moisturizing properties as it deeply penetrates to soothe and soften the skin.
DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
- 1 cup of Himalayan salt – here
- 1/4 cup of jojoba carrier oil – here
- 10-20 drops of grapefruit essential oil – find it here
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix together himalayan salt and carrier oil until well combined.
- Add in essential oils.
- Store in a sealed glass jar in a cool place
Leave a Reply