Did you that as many as 1 in 4 Americans over the age of 45 is taking a statin for high cholesterol? It’s a 29 billion dollar industry, thus it’s no surprise that the pharmaceutical industry is the main beneficiary of cholesterol meds. Statins are sold under the brand names Lipitor, Zocor, Crestol and Lescol.
They have many common side effects. There are over 900 studies proving the dangerous side effects of statin drugs. These side effects include cancer, anemia, chronic fatigue, liver dysfunction, thyroid disruption, Parkinson’s,acidosis, l Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and more.
In the new documentary film $29 Billion Reasons to Lie About Cholesterol, Justin Smith writes,
” … between 1994 and 2006 the percentage of men aged 65 to 74 with ‘high’ cholesterol decreased from 87% to 54% … Despite this, the rate of coronary heart disease for this age group stayed about the same … Other age groups have experienced an increase in the rate of heart disease as the number of people with ‘high’ cholesterol has decreased.”
Cholesterol meds cause cancer
The latest studies prove that cholesterol meds increase your risk of developing cancer.
In the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1996 stated:
All members of the two most popular classes of lipid-lowering drugs (the fibrates and the statins) cause cancer in rodents, in some cases at levels of animal exposure close to those prescribed to humans. … Longer-term clinical trials and careful postmarketing surveillance during the next several decades are needed to determine whether cholesterol-lowering drugs cause cancer in humans. In the meantime, the results of experiments in animals and humans suggest that lipid-lowering drug treatment, especially with the fibrates and statins, should be avoided except in patients at high short-term risk of coronary heart disease.
In case you don’t know, cholesterol is vital for your body, and is something your body makes naturally. It’s very crucial for your brain and one of the primary building blocks for optimal hormone production.
A recent 2015 review published in the journal QJM: An International Journal of Medicine proved that not only does cholesterol protects against cancer, but not having enough can cause cancer.
More Reasons to Avoid Cholesterol-Lowering drugs
- Statins Increase Your Risk of Chronic Disease. Statin drugs increase insulin levels which cause inflammation in your body, which is the hallmark of most chronic disease.
- Cholesterol Meds Weaken Your Immune System. They can damage your immune system too, impairing your body’s protection against illness and disease.
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs have been directly linked to over 300 side effects, which include neuropathy, anemia, chronic fatigue, thyroid disruption, and diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s.
- Cholesterol drugs can increase blood sugar level and cause type 2 diabetes.
- Statins cut testosterone rates among men.
- Cause Neurological Damage. The use of cholesterol meds has been linked to a whole host of neurological problems. It’s been found to cause nerve damage, changes in memory, and even anxiety and depression
We need cholesterol
Cholesterol does not cause heart disease; in fact, our bodies need it!
Dr. Stephen Sinatra, a board certified cardiologist and a prominent expert in the field of natural cardiology, states:
“Let’s face it, cholesterol is something your body needs. If you look at the MRFIT study [Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial] where they looked at 180,000 men over a period of… 13 years (1973-80); men with cholesterol of 330 had less hemorrhagic stroke than men with cholesterol less than 180. If you look at cholesterol numbers, the higher cholesterol number would give you protection from hemorrhagic stroke. (I’m not talking about ischemic stroke now but hemorrhagic stroke.)
… [W]e need cholesterol in our skin to activate vitamin D3 from sunlight. We need cholesterol to make our sex hormones… to make our adrenal hormones. We need it for lubrication. We need it for neurotransmitter function in the brain. When LDL is driven too low, it’s no wonder that a lot of patients develop memory problems or pre-Alzheimer’s, or even total global amnesia, which is really losing one’s memory. It’s very frightful and I have seen several cases.… There are so many other aspects that in my mind play a much bigger role that I put cholesterol down at the low end of the spectrum.”
How to Lower “Bad” Cholesterol Naturally with Wheatgrass
Fortunately, there are simple strategies that can help you regulate your cholesterol. Besides eating healthy and excising regularly, you can add these things to your daily regime:
- Take Wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is probably the most effective food for lowering cholesterol. (here) has all nine essential amino acids, hundreds of vitamins and minerals and a high fiber content. It detoxifies the body and helps control high blood pressure (and high cholesterol). In a 2011 study from Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica, scientists discovered that treatment with wheatgrass juice helped reduce total cholesterol and LDL cholesterolin rats with abnormally high cholesterol levels. Just take one tablespoon daily!
- Take Apple Cider Vinegar Complex: ACV can help encourage blood sugar levels already in the normal range by supporting the body’s natural ability of muscles taking up sugar from blood which in turn helps with cholesterol. Find it here – link