These healthy turmeric gummies made with honey and coconut oil are a great way to help fight off colds, flu, sore throat and cough. It’s a tasty snack that is perfect for the winter months, and, most importantly, all kids love it.
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory, a powerful anti aging and a very effective pain reliever. This orange-colored spice has been used for centuries by Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. It contains unbelievable healing properties. We should all use as much as we can!
Honey possesses antimicrobial properties, which are responsible for killing some bacteria and viruses. One of the studies discovered that honey was effective in relieving coughing in children over the age of 2 years.
Coconut oil is also an incredible flu buster as it is loaded with lauric acid, which is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory.
2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder (find organic kind here)
3 tablespoons raw organic honey
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder (find it here)
- Place a pot over medium-high heat and add the water, turmeric, honey and coconut oil. Whisk constantly for 5 minutes until well combined.
- Add more honey to taste (if needed).
- Remove from the heat and add gelatin powder and whisk for one minute to dissolve completely
- Pour into a dish ( I use a 9″ x 6″ Pyrex dish) Refrigerate (about two hours) until firm.
- Remove the gummies and refrigerate in an airtight container. Will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply