Did you know that thyme, the herb most of us use daily in cooking, has remarkable antiviral, bactericidal, fungicidal, antibiotic, diuretic, antispasmodic, expectorant, and antiseptic properties? It’s one of the most beneficial herbs to have around during cold and flu season. In addition to killing bacteria and viruses, thyme helps the body to eliminate toxins and strengthen the immune system by supporting the formation of white blood cells, boosting resistance to invading organisms.
Thyme Health benefits
One of the most beneficial uses of thyme includes the treatment of respiratory infections. Thyme is a great pulmonary disinfectant. It can be for flus, colds, whooping cough, bronchitis, sore throats, asthma, catarrh, coughs, laryngitis. Consider Hippocrates’s recipe to be used for pretty much everything: “Boil in one pound of water [about 2 cups], three tablespoons of thyme and leave it in the water for 10 minutes. Drink two glasses per day to cure bronchitis.”
The essential oil of thyme …
is antibacterial, acting on the bacteria’s enzymes. A study in France found thyme to be among several essential oils that were able to destroy 90 percent of microbes in just three hours, when used in a diffuser. It was able to purify the air from proteus, staphylococcus, streptococcus, and cryptococcal.
How to use Thyme and Thyme Essential Oil
- Thyme is useful on infections of the urinary tract and bladder (where to find)
- Can be used for candida and vaginitis
- Thyme can kill nail fungus
- Relieves rheumatic pain, muscular aches and pains, sprains, sports injuries
- Can heal sciatica, arthritis, gout
- Crush the fresh herb as first aid on insect bites and stings
- Use on athlete’s foot. Just apply thyme essential oil on the area
- Can be used an antibacterial wash for fresh produce
- Use in hair and skin care regimes, as a hair tonic or in a face wash and for treatment of things like acne or warts
- Massage the oil (or thyme solution) to stimulate menstruation and regulate periods
- Skin Healing. Thyme essential oil is able to increase blood-flow to the skin, thought to speed healing
- Eating thyme daily can help increase the amount of DHA (an omega-3 fatty acid) in brain, kidney, and heart cell membranes
- Thyme can treat baldness. Use thyme with rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood in a mixture of jojoba carrier oil to treat alopecia areata. Massage the mixture into the scalp daily for several months. (where to find)
How to Make Thyme Tea
To prepare healing thyme tea, mix 2 tablespoons of dried Thyme (find it here) per cup of hot water!
Drink every 3 hours!
These wheatgrass flu shots are your answer to improved immunity and better health this winter season. Wheatgrass is one of the most effective healers, containing over 90 minerals, all 17 amino acids (building blocks of protein), and vitamins A, C, E, I, K and B-complex.
It is also composed of 70% chlorophyll, which is one of the best blood-builders out there. Need I say more? all you need is just one shot a day – find it here
Can thymeeo be applied directly on the skin?
How does one use thyme every day to help with detoxing?