Did you know that there are over 100,000 skin care chemicals in the beauty industry and the FDA tests less than 10% of these for safety? It’s a very scary trend as the skin is your second largest organ, and absorbs up to 80% of what you put on it! This is one of the reasons why you shouldn’t use Bath and Body Works!
When you search “Bath and Body Works” on the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep database, you’ll find that many of Bath and Body Works’ Products score around the 6 to 8 range. (1 is the best; 10 is the worst.)
This Is Why Bath and Body Works Products Are Not Good For Your Skin
Butylene Glycol: It is also known as Propylene Glycol and use in products like toothpaste, hair products, baby lotion, makeup and aftershave. If you have sensitive skin, this ingredient can irritate your skin. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that Butylene Glycol is toxic and unsafe for the environment.
Almost every single one of Bath and Body Works’ products has the ingredient “fragrance” listed on the label. Companies are legally allowed to hide almost 4,000 different chemicals in their products under the simple term of “fragrance,” “parfum,” or “eau de toilette.” This is because fragrance formulations are protected as “trade secrets.”
Many of those 3,500+ chemicals are known to be toxic to human, animal, and environmental health. They include phthalates, carcinogens, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), allergens, irritants, and more.
It’s a chemical preservative known for disrupting the endocrine. You will see these preservatives in personal care products, and they can cause skin irritations and other issues.
Artificial Colors & Dyes
You’ll find many artificial colors and dyes such as “FD&C Red No. 40” or “FD&C Yellow 5” in Bath and Body Works’ products. The most commonly used colorants are made from coal tar and/or petroleum and can be contaminated with carcinogens.
Multiple studies that have been done so far have linked them to hyperactivity in children, hypersensitivity, allergic reactions, tumor growth, and cancer.
It’s the acronym for Butylated Hydroxy Toluene. It’s a common synthetic antioxidant that’s used as a preservative. BHT is accused of being an endocrine disruptor and of having toxic effects on the liver, kidneys and lungs at extreme doses, by ingestion. BHT is also suspected of having a potential for bioaccumulation in aquatic species.
I highly recommend this brand – here
This ingredient is present in most of the Bath and Body Works products. It’s a preservative that can cause various issues like allergies and inhalation toxicity. Additionally, it’s also reported to have a link to neurotoxicity.
Polyethylene glycol and its compounds (a.k.a. PEGs) are commonly used in all sorts of makeup and skincare, along with cleaning and beauty products.
According to a report from the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert Panel, PEGs often laced with impurities like ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane, both of which can be very toxic.
PEGs are And because polyethylene glycols enhance the ability of these toxins to penetrate skin, it’s that much easier for them to enter your bloodstream and poison you.
Most of Bath and Body Works’ candles are made with paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum. When paraffin candles burn, they emit black soot and toxic fumes which contain poisonous chemicals such as benzene, toluene, naphthalene, tri-decane, tetra-decane, penta-decane, and hexadecane.
DETOX TOXINS FROM YOUR BODY
( YOU CAN FIND IT HERE)
If you want your liver to function properly (eliminate toxins and cleanse all the impurities) you should consume reishi mushrooms daily. In, a study in Food and Chemical Toxicology showed that using reishi mushroom reversed chemical-driven liver damage in mice. Reishi mushroom is known for its anti cancer properties. It eliminates free radicals and promotes liver cell regeneration. Just take 1/2 tablespoon a day!
Leave a Reply