Lemongrass is a perennial plant with long leaves and a citrusy lemon like smell. According to studies, lemongrass possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, sedative and anxiolytic properties. It’s loaded with compounds like citronellal, terpinolene, and myrcene.
- It is loaded with antioxidants.
- Lemongrass is a great diuretic.
- Lemongrass essential oil helps with infections.
- Lemongrass helps deal with stomach and joint pains.
- Lemongrass helps lower blood pressure.
- Lemongrass Helps reduce cholesterol levels.
- Lemongrass detoxifies the body.
- Lemongrass relieves headaches.
- Lemongrass promotes relaxation and helps deal with anxiety
Lemongrass Repels Mosquitos
Studies Prove Lemongrass Helps with Anxiety
According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, smelling lemongrass may help people with anxiety. Although some people already inhale lemongrass essential oil to relieve stress and anxiety, researchers still need more evidence to be able to confirm this benefit.
Additionally, take Vitamin B1 to repel mosquitos.
Did you know that Vitamin B1 is the only one that has been scientifically proven to repel mosquitos. Vitamin B1 helps repel mosquitos because it is able to mask the natural odors that mosquitos are attracted to. I recommend taking spirulina (here) daily as it provides the best source of Vitamin B1. All you need is one spoon a day to give you a recommended amount of 300mg. Find it here