These baked zucchini fries are low carb with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and an Italian spice blend. They’re low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten free. These fries make a delicious, healthy everyday snack.
Zucchini is loaded with dietary fiber and water, and no fat. It also has high levels of vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K. In terms of minerals, it has significant amounts of manganese and potassium.
Zucchini contains lutein, zeaxanthin, and other phytonutrients that help strengthen the health of the eyes by neutralizing free radicals.
Low Carb Baked Parmesan Zucchini Curly Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian spice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl or container and lightly beat it.
- Add the parmesan and spices to a separate bowl or container and stir to combine.
- Coarsely chop zucchini noodles into 5- or 6-inch-long pieces. Working in batches, dredge the noodles in the parmesan mixture; shake off excess.
- Dredge in the egg mixture; shake off excess.
- Dredge in the parmesan mixture again; shake off excess.
- Arrange the noodles in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with salt.
If You are on a low carb diet add pea protein to your daily regime.
Pea protein powder, which is very low in carbs, offers you a great protein boost. A 25-gram serving of pea protein isolate contains around 20 grams of protein with zero sugar and only 1 gram of total carbohydrate.