Experiencing brain fog, chronic fatigue, depression or insomnia, maybe even migraines and inflammation? If so, you have probably been exposed to mold.
Associated with numerous health issues, mold toxicity is a very common –but often hidden — source of deteriorating health.
Mold illness is a common but hardly recognized condition which can lead to many debilitating illnesses. Why? Because mold toxicity can cause multiple symptoms that can be difficult to recognize for your doctor, especially if they don’t have experience and training in mold issues. Mold toxicity is caused by mycotoxins produced by fungi which can infect food, buildings, vehicles. Mold can grow in any surface especially if the environment is warm and wet. These toxins build up and weaken the body’s ability to detoxify.
Mold can be found outdoors; mold spores can easily enter your home through doorways, windows, and AC systems.
How do you know if mold is making you sick?
Some of the more common toxic mold symptoms are:
- Chronic Fatigue
- A headache
- Poor memory
- Difficulty concentrating
- Thyroid disorders
- Joint pain
- Tingling or numbness
- Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
- Red eyes or blurred vision
- Shortness of breath, sinus congestion or a chronic cough
- Blood sugar imbalance
- Poor body temperature regulation
- Hot flashes or excessive sweats
- Mood swings, depression, or anxiety
- Sharp pains
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Vertigo, being lightheaded
The Cancer Connection
Regular mold exposure can lead to cancer. These toxins suppress the immune system in a way that allows for the development of cancer.
Many doctors are still unaware of mold illness, so you’ll need to find a practitioner who knows a lot about mold and can check you for mold and mycotoxin exposure. I recommend checking out the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness website to find a knowledgable practitioner.
In the meantime, you can also eliminate common dietary sources of mold, which include grains, coffee, and peanut butter. This will help reduce the overall mold burden on the body.
There is a natural solution against thousands of these non-toxic molds – tea tree oil.
To make your own solution, add 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil to 2 cups of water. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake. Spray the mixture anywhere you see the mold.
Spirulina can help remove mold from your body
Chlorophyll in spirulina has antibacterial and antifungal properties, making it a highly recommended part of any healthy diet, but especially one that is looking to fight black mold symptoms.It pulls mold out of the body, and is the most easily assimilated multi vitamin! My favorite is here!!