Ginger has been used for centuries both in ayurvedic medicine and Chinese medicine. The most important benefit of ginger comes from its anti-inflammatory properties due to several compounds.
Zingiberene is the active compound found in ginger which is responsible for its significant health benefits.
A 2013 animal study published in the Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology found that ginger essential oil possesses antioxidant activity as well as significant anti-inflammatory property.
How to Use Homemade Ginger Oil
For muscle and joint pain, rub two to three drops of the oil on the areas of concern twice daily.
STRENGTHEN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
Take internally by adding 2 drops to your water every day. You can also add 3 drops of ginger oil to a warm bath every night.
Rub one to two drops of ginger essential oil over the heart twice daily.
FOR DIGESTIVE ISSUES
Ginger oil is very effective for indigestion, diarrhea, spasms, stomach aches and even vomiting.
Apply a drop of ginger oil on your tummy and abdomen. Massage the oil gently.
Ginger oil has the ability to reduce cholesterol levels and blood clotting. Daily consumption of ginger is found to reduce the risk of heart disease by 13%.
Ginger is very effective against coughs, flu, bronchitis, asthma, and breathlessness. Whenever you apply the ginger oil to the chest, its really going to help clear up congestion.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Ginger oil or ginger root can lower blood pressure and lessen the risk of hypertension.
Homemade Ginger Oil
Coconut oil (1 ½ cups, unrefined) (find it here)
- Place unpeeled fresh ginger in a cup of water. Remove from water and let it dry for a few hours.
- Heat coconut oil in your oven-safe bowl. Shred the ginger into tiny bits and place in the coconut oil.
- Place the heat-safe container in the oven on its lowest setting, usually around 150 to 170 degrees. Extract the oil for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and pour over a fine strainer into another bowl. Make sure you filter out all the chunks and small bits.
- Pour the ginger oil into dark-colored bottles
- Ginger oil should store out of direct sunlight for at least 6 months.
Leave a Reply