Elderberries have long been used as a natural remedy against upper respiratory infections. In fact, elderberries have been scientifically proven to be effective against at least eight different influenza viruses! That is unbelievable!
Elderberries are rich in flavonoids that possess antioxidant qualities that protects cells against damage and infections. Elderberry also have vitamin A, B, great amounts of vitamin C and amino-acids.
These elderberry gummies are not only tasty and sweet, but they are actually healthy for your kiddos. Elderberries are believed to be a strong immunity booster, and a safe, natural way to ward off colds and the flu!
Elderberry Gummies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Elderberry Syrup (I use my own homemade elderberry syrup recipe to make these gummy bears.
- 3 tbsp gelatin (THIS is the one I use)
- 1/3 cup hot water (but not boiling)
- 1–2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil to grease molds
- Grease gummy molds with melted coconut oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of elderberry to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top of surface and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add in the hot water and whisk. Then pour in remaining 1/4 cup of elderberry syrup. Add raw honey. Whisk again until completely blended
- Carefully but quickly pour the liquid into the molds.
- Place into refrigerator until set- at least 2 hours. They’ll keep well in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.