Homemade marshmallows can sound a bit intimidating to make, but in reality, they’re pretty simple! Not only these marshmallows taste incredible, they are also good for you. Dandelion marshmallows are made without corn syrup, refined white sugar, and artificial ingredients!
Adding dandelion tea to this recipe can make a huge difference. Dandelions have been used throughout centuries in the treatment of many diseases. The root does the impossible for the liver. Research published in the Journal of Medicinal Food shows that dandelion also helps protect the liver against any damage and very effective in the overall detoxification process. Additionally, dandelion is superior to many herbs and roots when it comes to weight loss.
By stimulating the liver to produce more bile and sending it to gallbladder to burn fat, dandelion increases the rate of fat metabolism and thus encouraging weight loss.
Collagen keeps joints flexible and skin youthful. It helps with healthy hair, nails, connective tissues, bones, and overall health. Since collagen decreases in the body with age, it’s vital to substitute with collagen supplements. Find it here
Dandelion and Honey Marshmallows to Lower Cholesterol, Build Strong Bones and Promote Healthy Skin
- In a large stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment, add the gelatin and 1/2 dandelion tea.
- Pour the other ½ cup of dandelion tea and 1 cup of honey into a small saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Slowly bring the water and honey mixture to a boil while stirring constantly for 8 minutes. The temperature should be at least 240 F.
- Turn the stand mixer on low speed and whisk while slowly pouring the honey/water mixture into the mixing bowl.
- Turn the mixer to high and whisk for another 10-15 minutes to create the consistency of marshmallow cream.
- Add Collagen and continue whisking for another 2 minutes
- Working quickly, scoop the mixture into the coconut oil greased pan or line with parchment paper. Let sit for 5+ hours, or overnight.
- Dust your countertop with the arrowroot starch. Gently flip the marshmallows onto the counter and slice the marshmallows.