Did you know that according to research some 17 million Americans had at least 1 major depression episode in 2017. These rates have been growing higher and higher for years. Unfortunately, many people turn to powerful pharmaceutical solutions that simply do not have good long-term therapeutic rates. These drugs, like most others, loose effectiveness over time as your body gets used to them. However, there are other natural solutions to combat anxiety and depression like chili peppers. T
The researchers determined that the mice taking chili pepper extract showed less stress and more responsiveness to stress than the mice receiving placebo or the antidepressant (they were not paralyzed in fear or depression as often). The researchers concluded that the antidepressant abilities of chili pepper were likely due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as well as it’s containing flavonoids and triterpene.
Chili Peppers are not alone in their ability to naturally fight off depression.
Here are some other natural things you can take to improve your mood and decrease depression:
1. Folate – Folic acid rich foods like avocados, beans, dark leafy greens, lentils, etc. are great for treating depression
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Researchers have indicated that there could be a link between low levels of omega-3 fatty acids and depression.
3. Saffron – Yup it’s more than just a delicious and valuable spice… it can cure mild to moderate depression too!
4. St. John’s Wort – The most common antidepressant medication is SSRI’s (which increase serotonin levels). St. John’s Wort also may increase serotonin levels. (find it here)
5. Zinc – Like omega-3 fatty acids, researchers point to a link between low levels of zinc and depression.
6. SPIRULINA FOR ANXIETY TREATMENT, DEPRESSION AND MUCH MORE
Organic Spirulina can help substitute a lack of B-vitamins in your diet. Spirulina (find the best organic here) contains the full spectrum of B Vitamins and may replace the need for separate B complex supplements. Taking 5 to 10 grams of spirulina per day can help maintain optimum dietary health. Just Take One Tablespoon Every Day
It’s amazing how repeatedly natural foods and nutrition proves it can work wonders! Natural cures are not always going to work in the end (modern medicinal cures don’t always work either) but they are a safe first line of therapy for you and your family. And often they work!