Castor oil packs are an easy and effective method that is used to improve your lymphatic drainage and detoxify the body. The packs can also strengthen the immune system, improve bowel movements, reduce food sensitivities, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health.
Castor oil is made up of 90% of ricinoleic acid which is responsible for the health benefits found in castor oil packs.
To make a castor oil pack, you simply apply a piece of fabric soaked in castor oil to the body.
Make sure to use castor oil that is cold-pressed and free of additives and hexane like this one.
What are the benefits of castor oil packs?
Castor oil has been traditionally used to relieve pain and inflammation. When you apply castor oil pack to the skin, it will help move lymph fluid, improve circulation and move waste out of the body.
- Apply Castor oil packs on the top right part of the abdomen (under your right rib) to increase liver function and help to gently detoxify the liver.
- Studies found that castor oil packs help strengthen immune health and promote lymphatic circulation.
- Castor oil packs placed over the uterus help to relieve menstrual cramps and pain.
- Castor oil packs can also reduce joint pain.
Who might need to use castor oil packs
Castor oil packs can help with poor liver function.
Signs of a slow liver include:
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Dark urine
- Swelling in the legs and feet
- Impaired detoxification ability
- Bloody stool
- Chronic fatigue
- Spider veins
- Poor memory
- Brain fog
- Excessive bruising or bleeding
- Blood clots when bleeding during your menstrual cycle
Warning: Do not use castor oil packs when menstruating, pregnant, breastfeeding, or during an acute infection or condition. Consult your physician before using a castor oil pack.
How do you use castor oil packs?
What you need:
Make sure to wear old clothes to avoid stains.
- Place the castor oil on a cotton cloth
- Apply the cloth oil-side down to the skin over your liver.
- Place a medium-heat heat source over the castor oil pack.
Keep the castor oil pack on anywhere from twenty minutes to one hour will do.
Leave a Reply