Vitamin C is widely known for its ability to strengthen the immune system. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that fights free radicals, supports healthy bacteria in our gut, is anti viral and anti bacterial. However, the best vitamin C is the vitamin C that comes from food. We should know that it’s not about how much of vitamin C you take, it’s about how well your body assimilates vitamin C. The fruit of an orange provides just 71 mg per 100 g of fruit.
Why You Need to Make Your Own Homemade Vitamin C
Unfortunately, most store bought Vitamin C supplements are genetically modified and do not have natural vitamin C. Companies use genetically modified corn as one of the ingredients and usually made from ascorbic acid which has been found to destroy good bacteria in the gut and suppress the immune system.
Health Benefits of Orange Peels
- Orange peels possess anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Orange peel contain d-limonene, an essential oil that promotes normal liver function.
- Oranges have over 60 flavonoids and 170 different phytonutrients.
- Orange peel helps with the respiratory system
How to Make Vitamin C
Making Vitamin C is very easy and cost effective.
- Take organic orange peels and cut them into strips
- Allow the peels to dry at room temperature for a couple of days until crisp
- When the peels are dry, grind the strips in any grinder ( I use a coffee grinder)
- Store in an airtight container.
Take one one teaspoon daily!