Antibiotics are medicines that fight off bacterial infections. In 1928, at St. Mary’s Hospital, London, Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. Penicillin was the first antibiotic developed that destroyed the pathogen cell but not the human cell. Since then more and more antibiotics have been invented. Unfortunately, the overuse of antibiotics in recent years led to the emergence of “superbugs”. They are not as effective as they used to be. But did you know that prior to the discovery of antibiotics, our ancestors used many different foods and herbs that could get rid of infections and stop diseases from spreading.
I personally have been using this homemade all natural Penicillin Recipe whenever I have a cold or flu. I noticed that this mixture speeds up recovery time and really strengthens my immune system.
The Ingredients Used in This Recipe
Lemon: The bioactive compounds contained in lemon (Citrus limon) each have an antibacterial. Lemons are a natural antiseptic, able to destroy harmful bacteria in areas of infection. Lemons are loaded with Vitamin C which acts as an immune system builder.
Garlic: Garlic contains allicin which is released when cloves are crushed. It’s a powerful antibiotic. Garlic has been used as an antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal agent.
Grapefruit – Helps the body to eliminate poisons. Grapefruit is also very high in vitamin C and A.
Onion: Raw onion is an excellent cough medicine due to its incredible phlegm removing abilities. Additionally, onions have the ability to reduce the thickness, of mucus, allowing it to be eliminated faster.
Cayenne pepper: In the respiratory system, cayenne can break up congestion due to bronchitis.
- 1 organic grapefruit (peeled very thinly)
- 1 organic orange (peeled very thinly)
- 2 organic lemons (leave peel on)
- 1 raw fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2large onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this is what I use)
- Peel orange, grapefruit, and lemons – cut in small pieces and place in blender.
- Peel and chop onion, garlic, ginger.
- Place in blender with cayenne pepper and Blend thoroughly
- You may need to add a little bit of water to get the blender to mix it easier.
- For adults – Take 1 tbsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total of 1 cup.
For children – take 1 tsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total ½ cup.
- Pour the rest into glass jar and keep refrigerated. Warm it up just a little bit when ready to use.
Additionally, I take elderberries daily. Did you know that researchers found compounds in the elderberry could directly inhibit the flu virus’s entrance into cells and subsequent replication? Study here
Elderberry contains antioxidant, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, cleansing and mild laxative properties. It is full of vitamin C, flavonoids and fruit acids.