Most conventional hair and personal care products are loaded with toxic chemicals like PPD that can cause severe reactions, and even severe health problems.
In fact, chemicals found in permanent hair dyes produce toxic, cancer-causing compounds called N-nitrosamines when they react with tobacco smoke, and other pollutants in the air.
A study published in December 2019 in the International Journal of Cancer found that women who use permanent hair dye often were 9 percent more likely to develop breast cancer than those who didn’t use conventional hair dyes.
Researchers followed 46,709 women ages 35-74 over eight years. They discovered that women who used permanent dyes at least every 5-8 weeks had a 60% higher risk of developing breast cancer than those who did not.
In the past, hair dyes have been linked to multiple cancers, including tumors of the breast, bladder, ovaries and the brain.
Additionally, according to researchers from the National Institute of Environmental Health Services, “many hair products contain endocrine-disrupting compounds and carcinogens potentially relevant to breast cancer.”
Environmental Working Group provides warns about these hair dye ingredients:
- Ammonia: A respiratory and asthma irritant, a potential endocrine disruptor.
- P-phenylenediamine: Has been associated with multiple forms of cancer, and some coal-tar dyes have been found to cause cancer in animals.
- Resorcinol: Potential endocrine disruptor and carcinogen, may cause skin, eyes and lung irritation
- Toluene-2,5-diamine sulfate: A well-established neurotoxin, linked to birth defects, pregnancy loss, and allergic reaction.
- Methylisothiazolinone: Known to cause neurotoxicity and irritation
- Methylparaben: Potential endocrine disruptor and may cause cellular level changes
How Wheatgrass Prevents Gray Hair
Wheatgrass is one of the best sources of chlorophyll. Research found that chlorophyll decrease oxidative damage. The molecular structure of chorophyll is very similar to that of hemoglobin. Thus, it promotes blood flow and is able to oxygen transportation to the scalp. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals that nutritionally feed hair follicles.
Find organic wheatgrass here
How To Use Wheatgrass
Just take 1 tablespoon of organic wheatgrass (here) powder a day . You can mix it with water or any other beverage.
You can also use it as a conditioner by pouring 1-2 ounces of wheatgrass juice on clean, wet hair. Allow to sit for 7 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Leave a Reply