Did you know that eating garlic daily does miracles for your body? Garlic one of the most powerful natural antibiotics. It kills a very large number of different bacteria.
It can be used as a natural remedy for many diseases and ailments. In fact, even an ancient Egyptian manuscript includes 800 drugs, of which 22 were made with garlic.
Researchers at Washington State University have discovered that a compound in garlic is 100 times more effective than two popular antibiotics at fighting the Campylobacter bacterium.
Did you know that eating a whole head of garlic a day does miracles for your body?
Scientifically known as Allium sativa, garlic is known for its ability to fight off viruses and bacteria.
Allicin is what makes garlic’s health benefits so incredible. Allicin is only produced when garlic is finely chopped or crushed. Allicin has unique properties that help cure infections much faster.
Garlic is composed of nitrogenous substances, sodium, potassium, selenium, calcium, magnesium, silicon, sulfuric, phosphoric acid, vitamin C, D, B, phytosterols, extractives, and essential oils.
Garlic Tincture Benefits
Internally: The tincture can be used for flu and colds, viruses, strep, worms, high blood pressure, UTI, bronchitis, coughs and more
Topically: it can be used for any skin infections, wounds or ulcers.
Garlic Tincture Recipe:
- Chop one cup of garlic and add to a clean glass Ball jar (here)
- Add 2 cups vodka and close tight with the lid
- Shake the jar every day for 3 weeks.
- After 3 weeks, strain out the chopped garlic
- Keep this garlic tincture in dark bottles (these are the ones I use) in a cool, dark area.
How to Use:
Adults: Take 5 drops of tincture once a day in a glass of water 2 times a day
- This tincture is not recommended for people on blood thinning medications
- Xiaonan Lu, Derrick R. Samuelson, Barbara A. Rasco, and Michael E. Konkel. Antimicrobial effect of diallyl sulphide on Campylobacter jejuni biofilms. J. Antimicrob. Chemother., May 1, 2012 DOI: 10.1093/jac/dks138