Massage Your Feet Every Night Before Bed and These 10 Things Happen
While many think of foot massages as just being for relaxation purposes, there are actually numerous other health benefits you can gain by doing them. Reflexology is the practice of applying pressure to certain parts of the body. This works especially well on the feet as your feet contain several nerve endings. Foot massages are not new. In fact, foot massages were practiced in the early centuries and were extremely important in most of the cultures.
Different parts of your feet are connected to different body parts. There are many reflex points on your feet, toes and ankles to help us deal with health issues, physical and emotional.
For instance, your big toe is actually connected to your lungs and brain while your second, third and fourth toes ease toothaches. Your pinky toe can even cure earaches.
Health Benefits of Foot Massage
- Prevents disease
- Promotes proper blood circulation
- Helps you get better sleep. Massaging relaxes the nerves, which in turn, relaxes you
Lowers Blood Pressure. It can relax you, get your blood and oxygen moving around and reducing your blood pressure at the same time.
Gets Rid Of Acids In The Body. Foot massages every night for 20 minutes eliminate lactic acids in the muscle tissues
- Relieves Pain. A 2004 study conducted at the Indiana University School of Nursing found that post-operative patients experienced reduced pain symptoms following a foot or hand massage when compared to patients who just used pain medication.
- Cures Headaches
- Helps with depression and anxiety
- Helps with PMS, Menopause. According to a 1993 study published in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Journal, women who underwent reflexology treatments reported a marked reduction in their PMS symptoms.
- Reduces Swollen Legs
How to Massage Your Feet
The proper way of rubbing your feet is to rub oil into the tops of the feet before running your thumb across the sole in a circular motion. It’s important to focus on each toe individually to exercise each connective part.